IBM Product Number: 5802
Product Description: The IBM Feature Code 5802 is a 12x Input/Output Expansion Unit with 18 SSF Disk Drives, 10 Perhiperal Component Interconnect Express 8x Slots and Two DCAs and is used in IBM POWER6 systems.
The IBM 5802 PCIe 12X I/O storage drawer is designed to improve your POWER6 server performance and capabilities.
Alternate Feature Codes:
- Form Factor: 4U (Four Rack Units high)
- PCIe slots: 10
- SAS SFF bays: 18
- Hot-swap: Yes
- Up to two drawers can be used in the same 12x loop.
- Up to 2.6 terabytes of storage utilizing 146GB serial attached SCSI small form-factor hard disk drives.
- Disk bay config options include one group of 18 bays (with AIX or Linux), two groups of 9 slots (with AIX, IBM i or Linux) and four groups of 4 or 5 bays (with AIX and Linux).
- 12x interface.
- Attaches to the main system via 12x double date rate cables.
- Redundant hot-swappable power supply and cooling units.
- 8202 Power 720 Express Server (8202-E4B)
- 8203 Power 520 Express Server (8203-E4A)
- 8204 Power 550 Express Server (8204-E8A)
- 8205 Power 740 Express Server (8205-E5B)
- 8234 Power 560 Express Server (8234-EMA)
- 9117 Power 570 Server (9117-MMA)
Check with Maximum Midrange for further compatibility
Required OS level:
- AIX 5.3 with the 5300-07 Technology Level and Service Pack 9, or later
- AIX 5.3 with the 5300-08 Technology Level and Service Pack 7, or later
- AIX 5.3 with the 5300-09 Technology Level and Service Pack 4, or later
- AIX 5.3 with the 5300-10 Technology Level, or later
- AIX 6.1 with the 6100-00 Technology Level and Service Pack 9, or later
- AIX 6.1 with the 6100-01 Technology Level and Service Pack 5, or later
- AIX 6.1 with the 6100-02 Technology Level and Service Pack 4, or later
- AIX 6.1 with the 6100-03 Technology Level, or later
- IBM i 6.1, or later
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 Service Pack 2 for POWER Systems, or later
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux version 4.7 or later
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.2 or later
Maximum Midrange guarantees each new, used or refurbished IBM 5802 with a full warranty.
All IBM 5802s and its peripherals are eligible for IBM or third party maintenance.
Along with a full warranty, we can also offer hot spares to keep on site to eliminate any down time.