IBM Power 560 Express 8234-EMA
(The 8234-EMA, if purchased from Maximum Midrange, includes a Lifetime Warranty on parts. Please contact us for full details.)
What is it?
The IBM Power 560 Express 8234-EMA is a server with mainframe-like expandability and reliability. It works great as a database server, application server or for consolidation.
Too good to be true?
Every once in a while a deal comes up that sounds too good to be true. Our inventory on the IBM 8234-EMA servers is just that deal. Tech specs and machine information are below, but here is the point that the Maximum Midrange team wants to get across on this one:
The units that we have in stock (configured below) are new, factory sealed, never used. MSRP on these machines was in excess of $180,000. We have been providing these to our clients at over 90% off from list price.
As an IT manager you can create additional savings on your end with a purchase of one or several of these machines:
- Server consolidation. You can take out several older p5 machines and consolidate to one server – saving power consumption, rack space and maintenance costs.
- Potentially eliminate maintenance costs. Virtually every feature on these machines is easily removed and installed. By having a spare machine on site, you can hot swap disk drives, power supplies, quickly remove and install PCI cards.
Why do I need one?
Other than the price mentioned above, this is one of our favorite servers because it is rock-solid, easy to configure, easy to expand and upgrade hardware is readily available. You can start small (and inexpensive) and build out with memory, drives, expansion units and CPUs as needed.
Even though it reached its end of life at IBM a couple years ago, it can still be powerful enough to replace multiple servers. That means less time and upkeep in your IT department (or for you as a Small Business Owner).
When it first arrived on the scene it was touted as having the fastest processor in the world and things have not changed dramatically in that area, so it is still plenty fast.
Configuration of in stock 8234-EMA:
|8234-EMA||Server 1:8234 Model EMA||1|
|265||AIX Partition Specify||4|
|1915||Activation of 8 GB DDR2 System Memory||8|
|1921||0/8GB DDR2 Memory (4X2GB) DIMMS-667 MHz||8|
|2146||Primary OS - AIX||1|
|3647||146GB 15K RPM SAS Disk Drive||4|
|3660||Processor Fabric Cable, 2 enclosure||1|
|4650||Rack Indicator- Not Factory Integrated||1|
|5000||Software Preload Required||1|
|5617||Proccessor Power Regulator||6|
|5628||Sys AC Power Supply, 1600 W||4|
|5629||Media Enclosure and Backplane||1|
|5636||Integrated, 2 Port- 1Gb Virtual Ethernet, I/O ports||1|
|5639||Integrated, 4 Port- 1Gb Virtual Ethernet, I/O ports||1|
|5648||Service Interface Card||2|
|5657||Serv Interface Cable- 2 Enclosure||1|
|5668||SAS Disk Backplane -6 slot||2|
|5675||0/4 Core Processor Enclosure and Backplane||2|
|5683||System Chassis - 4 EIA||2|
|5699||System Ship Group||1|
|5706||IBM 2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet PCI-X Adapter||4|
|5757||IBM 4.7 GB IDE Slimline DVD-RAM Drive||1|
|5767||2-Port 10/100/1000 Base-TX Ethernet PCI Express Adapter||2|
|5774||4 Gigabit PCI Express Dual Port Fibre Channel Adapter||6|
|6006||Power Control Cable (SPCN) - 3 meter||1|
|6671||Power Cord 2.7M (9-foot), Drawer to IBM PDU, 250V/10A||4|
|7164||IBM/OEM Rack-mount Drawer Rail Kit- Adjustable Depth||2|
|7537||3.6 GHz Proc Card, 0/4 Core POWER6 12 DDR2 Mem Slots||4|
|7722||One Processor Activation for Processor Feature #7537- N/C||8|
|7723||One Processor Activation for Processor Feature #7537||8|
|7870||Power Distribution Backplane||2|
|7942||PowerVM -Standard Edition||16|
|9300||Language Group Specify - US English||1|
Primary Features for all 8234-EMA:
- IBM POWER6 3.6 GHz procs
- 4-, 8-, and 16-core configs
- Up to 384 GB of DDR2 RAM
- Memory frequencies up to 667 MHz
- Up to six SAS DASD drives per CEC enclosure (12 maximum)
- Modular 19inch rack mount design with one or two CEC enclosures
- Seven I/O expansion slots per enclosure (14 maximum)
- Dynamic logical partitions (up to 160 per system (optional)
- Integrated Virtual Ethernet ports ( select from 1 Gb and 10 Gb options)
- Can be ordered with the AIX, IBM i, or Linux operating systems (or all three at once as it supports multiple OS)
More specs and options are on the main product page:
Phone calls or email requests are no hassle, no obligation and free.