Data storage requirements for businesses are highly diverse because every application is unique. However, when the solution must include unattended backup, disaster recovery or archiving capabilities, HP StorageWorks MSL Tape Library systems are proven to meet the needs of demanding storage requirements in many different business applications.
Web-based remote management, ability to accept LTO-5, LTO-4 or LTO-3 Ultrium tape drives, data encryption and available capacity upgrades are just a few of the features found in HP MSL Libraries that make them highly effective yet flexible solutions. The bottom line is that an MSL Library can deliver superior investment protection thanks to their ease of use, ability to protect data, their system flexibility and proven reliability.
- Storage Capacity: Compressed storage capacity ranges from 9.6TB all the way up to 288TB. Maximum native storage capacity is 144TB.
- Remote Management: web-based remote management and diagnostic abilities allow the user to use the library from anywhere on the globe.
- Encryption: MSL Libraries utilize AES 256-bit encryption on LTO-4 and LTO-5 Ultrium 1760, 1840, 3000 and 3280 tape drives.
- Versatility: MSL libraries can utilize LTO-3, LTO-4 or LTO-5 tape drives in addition to LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 Fibre Channel tape drive technology and feature 24, 48 or 96 cartridge slots. Host interface types supported includes 4Gb and 8Gb Fibre Channel, 3Gbps and 6Gbps SAS and Ultra320 LVD SCSI.
- Flexibility: Capacity and performance upgrades are simple thanks to available tool-free drive kits, slot license upgrades and the ability to easily add additional libraries and MSL Library extenders. Interface options allow HP Tape Libraries to be installed in SCSI, SAS or SAN environments.
- Reliability: For improved reliability and up-time, optional, backup power supplies can be implemented in most MSL Libraries.
HP MSL Library Models:
HP MSL Tape Libraries are available in many different configurations based on the tape drives they support, cartridge slots, capacity, transfer rate and host interface. HP Tape Library models include variations of the MSL2024, MSL4048 and MSL8096 libraries.
Where to Buy HP Tape Libraries:
Whether you are looking for a new factory sealed or refurbished HP MSL Tape Library, Maximum Midrange Computer Specialists can offer a high quality system for you at a price that is both highly competitive yet well below the manufacturer list price. Need a warranty? We can do that too – we’ll provide you with a flexible system warranty designed to meet your unique needs.
We specialize in helping end-users get more for their system and hardware spend and we are HP StorageWorks experts. Give us a call at 855-932-6627 or Get a Quote and tell us what your needs are and we can provide you with an HP MSL Tape Library that meets the demands of your business while improving your bottom line.
Watch a video of the MSL4048 series