What is it: IBM 3584-L23 System Storage TS3500 tape library
Tape is not dead. The TS3500 Tape Library offers massive storage options for backups and archiving.
The TS3500 tape library starts with a base module and can scale out to 16 library frames with 192 drives, so you can start big and go all the way to 2.7 Exabytes.
This library is King of the Hill in the IBM midrange family that includes the TS3100, TS3200 and TS3310.
Maximum Midrange offers help with free and no-hassle consulting to nail down your storage requirements and get you started.
If it’s upgrade time, we offer quick and easy purchasing of individual drives and other hardware for your library.
When upgrading, we can often purchase your old drives and hardware.
Maximum Midrange can also help with the following options:
- 3584-L23 (Base frame for TS1140, TS1130, TS1120 or 3592)
- 3584-D23 (Expansion frame and drive capable for the TS1140, TS1130, TS1120 or 3592)
- 3584-S24 (Expansion frame for 3592 cartridges)
- 3584-L53 (Base frame for LTO)
- 3584-D53 (Expansion frame and drive capable for LTO)
- 3584-S54 (Expansion frame for LTO)
- 3584-HA1 (Service bay frame)
- 3584-SC1 (Library strings shuttle connector)
- TS1140 tape drive
- TS1130 tape drive
- TS1120 tape drive
- 3592 tape drives (or LTO 1-6 tape drives)
You can purchase this library, expansion frames, additional or replacement drives with confidence.
All IBM tape hardware we sell is 100% IBM and eligible for IBM or third party maintenance.
The 3584 machine type works with the L22, L23, L32, L52 and L53 control frames and the D22, D23, D32, D42, D52 and D53 expansion frames.
The 3584 offers the following interfaces:
– FC Fabric