In demanding business environments, a tape library system that performs unattended backup, disaster recovery and data archiving tasks must be simple to manage, versatile, expandable and most importantly, reliable. StorageWorks MSL8048 and MSL8096 tape libraries from HP are all that and more. Now available in a variety of configurations, MSL8048 and MSL8096 libraries are capable solutions for midrange data storage applications.
MSL8048 and MSL8096 Specifications:
- The MSL8048 library features 48 data cartridge slots enabled, but does not include any disk drives. The MSL8048 is upgradeable to 96-slots with the purchase of a 96-slot license.
- The MSL8096 library features 96-slots enabled and standard builds include 2 or 4 Ultrium Fibre Channel, SAS or SCSI drive configurations.
- MSL8048 and MSL8096 libraries support LTO-3 Ultrium 960, LTO-4 Ultrium 1760, LTO-4 Ultrium 1840, LTO-5 Ultrium 3000, LTO-5 Ultrium 3280 and the newly released LTO-6 tape drive technologies.
- Tape drive interfaces supported include Ultra320 LVD SCSI, Serial Attached SCSI and Fibre Channel.
- At 2:1 compression, maximum capacities for the MSL8048 are 38.4TB (utilizing LTO-3 tape drives) to 144TB (utilizing LTO-5 tape drives). Maximum capacities for the MSL8096 are 76.8TB (utilizing LTO-3 tape drives) to 288TB (utilizing LTO-5 tape drives).
- At 2:1 compression, maximum data transfer rates for the MSL8048 and MSL8096 are 1.1TB per hour (utilizing two LTO-4 Ultrium 1760 tape drives) to 4.0TB per hour (utilizing four LTO-5 Ultrium 3000 or 3280 tape drives).
- Web-based remote capability allows for system management from anywhere on the globe.
- TapeAssure technology makes data management, optimization and archiving tasks faster and easier.
- AES 256-bit encryption capabilities are available for improved data privacy and confidentiality.
- Data Rate Matching ensures the MSL8048 and MSL8096 deliver consistent and reliable performance.
- Slot license upgrades and library extender kits are available allowing for capacity and performance upgrades to keep pace with data needs.
- Compatibility with many leading brands of servers, operating systems and backup applications make MSL8048 and MSL8096 libraries an easily deployable data storage solution.
- MSL8096 Tape Libraries that meet the latest RoHS specifications (effective January 1, 2013) are available. Contact Maximum Midrange and ask an HP product representative for details.
The MSL8048 Tape Library is only available in a zero-drive configuration:
MSL8096 tape libraries are currently available at Maximum Midrange in the following drive configurations:
- HP BL533A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-5 3280 FC Tape Drives
- HP BL534A MSL8096 Library with 4 LTO-5 3280 FC Tape Drives
- HP BL539A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-5 3000 SAS Tape Drives
- HP AN974A MSL8096 Library with 4 LTO-4 1840 FC Tape Drives
- HP AJ040A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-4 1840 FC Tape Drives
- HP AN973A MSL8096 Library with 4 LTO-3 960 FC Tape Drives
- HP AJ039A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-4 1840 SCSI Tape Drives
- HP AK382A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-4 1760 SAS Tape Drives
- HP AH218A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-3 960 FC Tape Drives
- HP AH219A MSL8096 Library with 2 LTO-3 960 SCSI Tape Drives
Where to Buy MSL8048 or MSL8096 Tape Libraries:
If you are sourcing an MSL8048 or MSL8096 tape library for purchase, consider Maximum Midrange. We are an enterprise level computer hardware vendor and we specialize in providing HP MSL Tape Systems and Tape Hardware to end users. Follow the configuration links above to go to our hardware page where you will be able to get an online quote, obtain additional hardware information or connect directly with our MSL product specialists.
MSL8096 Specs and Compatibility
|Compatibility||LTO-6 Ultrium 6250|
|LTO-5 Ultrium 3280|
|LTO-5 Ultrium 3000|
|LTO-4 Ultrium 1840|
|LTO-4 Ultrium 1760|
|Max Number of Drives||4|
|Max Capacity LTO-3,4,5,6||600 TB with LTO-6|
|288 TB with LTO-5|
|153.6 TB with LTO-4|
|76.8 TB with LTO-3|
|Max Data Transfer||4.8 TB/hr with LTO-6|
|4.0 TB/hr with LTO-5|
|3.4 TB/hr with LTO-4|
|Drive Interface||8 Gb Native FC LTO-5,6|
|4 Gb Native FC LTO-3,4,5,6|
|6 Gb/sec SAS LTO-5,6|
|3 Gb/sec SAS LTO-3,4,5,6|
|Ultra320 LVD SCSI LTO-3,4|