Current pricing (as of this writing) on the Brocade RX-BI-16XG 16 ports expansion module is $7,450 with a lifetime warranty.
This blog is forever, the pricing on this module is not.
Generally, the price is trending down, so it’s best to call us for the most recent price or discounts 855-932-6627.
If you would rather not call, please contact us in whatever way is easiest for you:
– Manufacturer: Brocade
– Part Number: RX-BI-16XG
– Product Description: 16 ports expansion module
– Device Type: Expansion module
– Form Factor: Plug-in module
– Ports Quantity: 16 ports
– Data Link Protocol: 10 GigE
– Compatible With: Brocade BigIron RX-16, RX-32 AC system, RX-32 DC system, RX-4, RX-8
– Connectivity: Wired
– Data Link Protocol: 10 GigE
– Expansion Slots: 16 (total) / 16 (free) x SFP+
– Compatible Slots: 1 x expansion slot
The RX-BI-16XG 16 port expansion module is compatible with the Brocade BigIron RX switches.
These BigIron switches provide the 2.2 billion packet-per-second offerings that scale from the enterprise edge to the core with hardware-based IP routing to 512,000 IP routes per line module.
The high availability design features redundant and hot-pluggable hardware such as:
– Management Module: Systems configured with dual management modules with sub-second detection and failover.
– Switch Fabric Element Redundancy: Systems configured with a redundant switch fabric module support millisecond failover performance.
– Hitless Management Failover (HMF): Stateful failover ensures that the forwarding engines on the line modules are not impacted by a management failover. This capability enables non- stop packet forwarding in the event of a management module failover.
– Redundant Power Supplies: All three chassis support M+N power module redundancy for AC and DC power configurations.
BigIron switches also offer graceful BGP (Scalable to 2 million routes) and OSPF (Scalable to over 400,000 routes) restart.
Other features of the BigIron switches include:
– Interchangeable half-height line modules to reduce costs and provide cost effective growth
– Compact chassis design with high density—up to 256 10 GbE, 768 wire-speed 1 GbE, and up to 512,000 IPv4 routes per module
– Close to 8 Tbps switching capacity that is available in Multi-Chassis Trunking mode
– Scalable end-to-end QoS is supported with hardware-based honoring, marking, and congestion management
– Advanced non-blocking Clos fabric features adaptive self-routing with graceful system degradation in the event of module failures
– Embedded sFlow per port supports scalable hardware-based traffic monitoring
– Continuous System Monitoring tool to snsure optimal uptime
Other expansion module compatible with these switches:
– 4-port 10 GbE XFP module (RX-BI4XG)
– 24-port 1 GbE SFP module (RX-BI24F)
– 24-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet RJ-45 module (RX-BI24C)
– 24-port 100/1000 Ethernet SFP module (RX-BI24HF)
– 48-port 10/100/1000 Ethernet MRJ-21 module (RX-BI48T)